The Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a mode through which taxpayers can be identified all over India. PAN is a 10-digit unique identification number given to the citizens of India, or primarily to those who pay taxes. Identification of people through their PAN card details occurs through a computer-based system that assigns a unique identification number to every Indian entity eligible for tax paying.
Why are the PAN card details important?
Many features come with a PAN card, and it is necessary to have your PAN card details for various purposes such as –
- Valid photo and identity proof
Both the Income Tax Department and the Government of India accept PAN cards as proper ID proof across India for many purposes, such as applying for ration cards, passports, voter ID cards, and other documentation.
- For employment
When starting a new job, employers require your PAN card details for taxation since your employer will deduct the required taxes such as professional tax, TDS, etc.
Searching for PAN Card Details
PAN card details can be found through various modes, and to discover your PAN details utilising the PAN number, you can utilise Search PA. This service is given to assist you in finding out your related PAN card details. This also assists people in verifying their PAN card details. To find out your details, you can follow the steps provided below –
- Login to the website of the Tax Department e-Filing.
- To enter your PAN card number, you must click on the option to register yourself.
- Once you have put in the PAN card number, you can complete the registration form and submit it.
- Upon submission, a link is forwarded to your email address. And you can click on the given link to start your account.
- You must again visit the e-filing website of e-filing; you need to enter your account and then click on the option of my account.
- After reaching the page, you may reach the profile details and click on the PAN details.
- You can get your address, jurisdiction, area code, name, and other information through the PAN card details.
Online PAN Card details by date of birth and name
To search for your PAN card details by your date of birth and name, you must follow the given steps –
- Visit the website of the official e-filing of the Tax department.
- Get to the section of quick links.
- Click on the option to know your PAN.
- Enter your date of birth, name, mobile number, status, etc.
- At this point, whichever mobile number you have linked to your PAN card will be sent an OTP.
- Upon receiving it, you can enter the OTP and click on validation.
- Now, you can enter your father’s name and then click on submit.
- Once the information is submitted, your PAN number is displayed on the screen.
Finding PAN card details by the PAN Number
By following the steps provided below, you can search for your PAN card details through your PAN number –
- First, you must log in to the official website of the tax department.
- Then you can click on registering yourself and enter your PAN number.
- You may enter your required details and then click on the submit option.
- A link is sent to your email address concerning the activation of the account.
- You may click on the given link and then go to the option of my account.
- Under the profile settings section, you can click on the option of PAN details.
- Once you have clicked on the details, all information concerning your PAN card is shown on the screen, including your name, area code, address, jurisdiction, etc.
You must know your PAN card details and be aware of them for many purposes. Moreover, you can check your details through more than one means. And if you find it challenging to use your PAN number in finding your PAN card details, then you have other options you could go through. Similarly, you can also download e pan card through a certain method and keep it with you for your needs.